Brian’s Apple Chutney
Makes 3-to-4 cups
Prep time — 5 minutes; cooking time – 10 to 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 serrano chili peppers (use less for mild flavor; more for really spicy)
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, diced
- 3 large gala apples, cored, peeled, diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps. agave nectar
- ¼ tsp. all spice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Dash of nutmeg
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, peppers, ginger; cook until onions are translucent.
- Add apples, sugar, syrup, all spice, lemon juice, dried cranberries; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Salt to taste.
- Reduce heat to simmer; add nutmeg; cook until apples are soft, not mushy. (about 10 minutes).
- Serve w/chicken, turkey or pork.