Chef Tee’s Apple & Cranberry Crisp
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time– 10 minutes; cooking time– 30 minutes
- No stick cooking spray
- 2 Fuji apples, pared and sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, pared and sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup sugar in the raw (aka Turbinado sugar)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps. butter (can substitute margarine), unsalted and softened
- Optional garnish—vanilla ice cream (can substitute low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt).
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- Grease bottom, sides of 8-inch square pan with oil or cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine apples, cranberries in large bowl; transfer fruit mixture to pan.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except ice cream until well mixed.
- Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown, apples are tender when pierced w/fork.
- Serve warm w/ice cream.