Chef Tee’s Asian Tuna Steak with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
Prep time: 5-to-10 minutes; cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tuna steaks, approx. 1” thick
- Teriyaki sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Cilantro, chopped
- Wasabi powder
- Instant mashed potatoes—follow cooking instructions on box then add dried wasabi powder to taste
- Pickled ginger
- Heat skillet over high heat.
- Lightly coat tuna with teriyaki sauce and olive oil; season with Salt & Pepper.
- Put tuna in skillet; cook for 4 to 5 minutes
- Flip tuna; cook other side for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Plate; garnish with chopped cilantro and pickled ginger.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli.