Chef Tee’s Grilled Asparagus & Grapefruit Salad
Prep time: 5-to-10 minutes ; cooking time: 5-to-10 minutes
- ½ lb. asparagus, stems trimmed, grilled, peeled, room temperature
- 1 whole grapefruit, peeled, cut in segments
- ¼ cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (can substitute favorite oil)
- Carefully peel grapefruit zest (yellow part of peel); thinly slice zest; set aside; peel grapefruit rind (white, tough outer layer of grapefruit) and discard; cut remaining grapefruit into segments; set segments aside.
- In medium sauté pan, add vinegar, ½ of shallots, honey, grapefruit zest; cook over medium-high heat until liquid reduces by half (about 5-to-10 minutes).
- In blender; add vinegar mixture, rest of shallots, mustard, salt.
- Blend on low speed until combined; while blender is still running, add oil in slow, steady stream; set vinaigrette aside.
- Arrange 2-to-3 asparagus on salad plate; top with 2-to-3 grapefruit segments; drizzle vinaigrette on top.
- Repeat step 5 with rest of ingredients; serve.