Brian’s Asparagus Omelet
Serves 1 to 2
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: about 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil (can substitute butter)
- ¼ cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsps. milk
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Garnish — mozzarella cheese, chopped basil
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add asparagus, Salt & Pepper; cook a few minutes.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Salt & Pepper; pour in skillet w/asparagus; cook a few minutes over medium heat; add tomatoes.
- As eggs set, lift edges w/spatula, allowing uncooked eggs to flow underneath; when eggs are nearly set, add cheese; fold omelet over to form half moon shape.
- Cover omelet; cook for 1-to-2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Carefully remove omelet from skillet; garnish w/Mozzarella cheese, basil; serve.