Brian’s Bacon Pancakes
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 2-to-3 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsps. baking powder
- 2 Tbsps. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ -to- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups milk (add more or less milk to make pancakes thick or thin)
- 4 strips of cooked, crisp bacon, broken into ¼ -inch bite-size pieces
- Garnishes—bacon pieces, favorite syrup and/or berries
- Preheat griddle to 300° F (if you don’t have griddle, heat large, non-stick skillet over medium heat).
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla.
- Add egg mixture, milk to dry ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture onto griddle; sprinkle 1-to-2 Tbsps. bacon pieces on top.
- Flip when bubbles on pancake pop; count to 30, then remove from griddle.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for rest of batter.
- Serve w/bacon crumbles, syrup and/or berries.