Brian’s Baked Beans & Bourbon
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time – 5-to-10 minutes; cooking time — 15 to 20 minutes
- 4 (15-ounce) cans traditional baked beans
- 2 Turkey thighs
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ cup favorite bourbon (can substitute red wine or beer)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnish — chopped parsley
- Season turkey w/Salt & Pepper; grill covered over medium heat until almost done (about 5 minutes per side); remove from heat.
- Remove skin, bone from meat; discard skin, bone; chop turkey into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In medium pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion; sauté until translucent; add rest of ingredients except parsley; stir to combine; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add salt to taste; simmer until mixture thickens, reduces a bit.
- Plate beans; garnish w/parsley.