Brian’s Black Bean & Haddock Soup
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 4 cups seafood stock
- 1 lb. haddock, with skin, cut into ¼ – inch chunks
- 2 medium red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 (15 to 16 oz) cans black beans
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In large pot, add stock, peppers, white onion, celery, garlic; bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add beans, green onions, cilantro; bring back to a boil over medium-high heat; cook a few minutes.
- Add haddock; cook until fish starts to flake (about 2-to-3 minutes).
- Salt & Pepper to taste; serve.