Chef Tee’s Beef Tips with Sour Cream & Pickles
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 lbs. round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. flour
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups veal stock (can substitute beef stock)
- 1 tsp. concentrated beef stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 heaping Tbsps. sour cream
- Egg noodles (follow directions on package)
- Garnish—sweet pickles and sour cream
- Coat large skillet w/oil; heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; brown both sides of beef.
- Add onions; season w/Salt & Pepper.
- Dust meat w/flour.
- Add stock; stir in concentrated beef stock.
- Add thyme.
- Simmer uncovered for 5-to-10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; remove sprigs.
- Serve over egg noodles; garnish w/pickles, sour cream.