Prep time: 10-to-15 minutes; cooking time: 20-to-25 minutes
- 2 tubes (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 ½ lbs. bratwurst; remove meat from casings
- ½ Tbsp. smoked paprika (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp. chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ -to- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Garnishes — nacho chips, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced onions, smoked paprika, chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In large skillet, add bratwurst meat, ½ Tbsp. paprika, chili powder; cook until done; drain meat; set aside.
- Carefully separate crescent triangles; arrange triangles in a circle on large greased baking sheet w/narrow ends of triangles pointing out, wide ends overlapping in center (should look like sun w/hollow center).
- Spoon cooked meat evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
- Fold triangle points over meat filling, tuck under wide ends (meat will be visible).
- Sprinkle pepper jack cheese, little paprika on top crescent ring.
- Bake uncovered for 15-to-20 minutes or until golden brown; fill center of ring w/nacho chips topped w/any leftover meat, shredded cheddar cheese, rest of pepper jack cheese for last 5 minutes of baking.
- Remove ring from oven; garnish filling w/more cheese, sour cream, onions, paprika, parsley.