Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 5-to-10 minutes
- ¼ pound chorizo sausage, crumbled (buy sausage links, then remove meat from casing)
- Olive or vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chili, diced
- 4-to-6 large eggs
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Cilantro, chopped
- 4 (7-inch) tortillas (preferably sundried tomato)
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Garnish— favorite salsa
1. Heat 1-to-2 Tbsps. olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add sausage; cook a few minutes until starts to brown.
3. Add onion, jalapeño, red pepper; cook until meat is browned.
4. Season w/salt to taste.
5. Beat eggs then add them to sausage mixture; cook a few minutes; add tomatoes; cook a few minutes more or until set.
6. Remove egg mixture from heat; fold in cilantro.
7. Place tortillas on a clean surface; sprinkle some cheese in center of each tortilla.
8. Spoon a generous amount of cooked egg mixture on top of cheese.
9. Roll up tortillas; serve w/salsa.
*Optional step before garnish—brush all sides of burrito w/little olive oil; toast all sides of burrito in hot non-stick skillet or hot oven