Brian’s Cranberry Fondue
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
- ½ lb. cranberry white cheddar cheese, cut into cubes (if can substitute plain white cheddar)
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil or butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (if use plain white cheddar, add more cranberries)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnishes — sourdough or favorite bread pieces, chopped Granny Smith apple chips
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in flour, cook until mixture turns light brown to form roux*.
- Pour in cream; stir until smooth.
- Add cheese; stir occasionally until cheese melts, mixture is fondue consistency.
- Stir in dried cranberries; add Salt & Pepper.
- Serve on bread; garnish w/apple chips.
*Roux — cooked mixture of flour and butter or oil that’s used to thicken sauces and gravies.