Chef Tee’s Butternut Squash Risotto with Bacon
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 25-to-30 minutes
- 2 Tbsps. canola oil
- ¼ cup shallots, sliced
- 1 ½ cups butternut squash, diced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 4-to-5 cups chicken or favorite stock (can substitute water)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, roughly chopped
- Garnish — shredded Parmesan cheese, crispy bacon pieces
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add shallots, squash; cook until starts to sizzle; stir in rice.
- Carefully stir in 1 cup stock; cook over medium-high heat while constantly stirring until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Carefully stir in 1 cup stock; lower heat to simmer; cook while stirring frequently until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Salt & Pepper to taste; repeat step 3 as many times as necessary until rice is creamy, tender (not mushy, rice should have a bit of a bite); remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley; garnish w/cheese, bacon.