Chef Tee’s Chicken Sausage & Apple Soup
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10- to-15 minutes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 chicken and apple sausage links, cut into ½ -inch slices
- ½ cup onions, thinly sliced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup smoked turkey breast, diced, skin removed
- 1 cup apples, diced with skin
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage slices; cook until light brown on both sides (about 5 minutes).
- Add onions; cook a few minutes.
- Add stock; bring to a low boil; cook for 5-to-10 minutes.
- Use spoon to skim scum off top of soup while boiling; discard scum.
- In soup bowl, add 1 Tbsp. turkey, 1 Tbsp. apples, 1 Tbsp. green onions.
- Pour soup on top of turkey, apples, onions.
- Repeat steps 6, 7 for remaining soup.