Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 minutes; no cooking time
- 2 large chocolate bars
- 8 ounce container of whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Break chocolate into squares; place all but 2 squares in large microwave safe bowl; set extra squares aside.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for about a minute; mix then melt another 30-45 seconds.
- Let chocolate sit a few minutes to cool a bit; while cooling, stir in half almonds.
- Fold in whipped topping; initially add a little at a time, then gradually add larger amounts, so chocolate doesn’t solidify.
- Once half whipped topping is in, add rest of almonds.
- Pour mixture into pie crust
- Cut leftover chocolate into small pieces; garnish top of pie with pieces.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hrs.