Brian’s Collard Greens & Cheese Omelet
Serves 1 to 2
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: about 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil (can substitute butter)
- ½ cup cooked collard greens, chopped
- ¼ cup ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar (or favorite) cheese
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- Garnish — sliced strawberries (optional)
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onions, cook a few minutes.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, Salt & Pepper, garlic powder, collard greens, ham; pour mixture into skillet, cook a few minutes over medium heat.
- As eggs set, lift edges w/spatula, allowing uncooked eggs to flow underneath; when eggs are nearly set, add cheese; fold omelet over to form half moon shape.
- Cover omelet; cook for 1-to-2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Carefully remove omelet from skillet; garnish with strawberries; serve.
Note: If omelet breaks when you fold it over, no worries. Just scramble the mixture instead.