Chef Tee’s Cranberry Sauce Bread Pudding
Serves 6 to 10
Prep time: 40-to-50 minutes; cooking time: 55 minutes
- 1 tsp. butter, unsalted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups cranberry sauce (make sauce by mixing 1 cup cranberry sauce with 1 cup dried cranberries)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups hearty day-old bread (brioche, French bread or other white bread), crusts removed and cut into ½ -inch cubes
- Garnishes — whipped topping, powdered sugar, remaining cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 6-cup (9 ¼ by 5 ¼ by 2 ¾ -inch) loaf pan w/butter.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, 1 cup cranberry sauce until well combined; stir in half-and-half, bread.
- Let mixture sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until pudding is set in center, about 55 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut pudding into 1-inch thick slices; garnish with whipped topping, powdered sugar, leftover cranberry sauce.