Brian’s Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa & Chipotle Mayo
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 10- to-15 minutes
*Note: You can substitute your favorite cooked meat for the fillets. For example, try making tacos with BBQ rib meat and coleslaw, or make them with grilled flank steak, bell peppers and onions. The possibilities are endless.)
- 4-to-6 tilapia fillets
- A little olive or vegetable oil (just enough to coat pan)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Southwest seasoning
- 8, 6-inch flour tortillas, heated
- Garnishes – cilantro, lettuce, baked or grilled corn kernels, salsa, chipotle mayo (1/2 cup mayo mixed w/little lemon juice & chipotle chili powder to taste)
- Heat oil in medium, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat fish dry; season fish w/Salt & Pepper, Southwest seasoning; put in hot skillet; cook about 2-to-3 minutes per side (or until golden brown); remove from skillet.
- Assemble tacos in following layers:
- 1st layer – tortilla
- 2nd layer – tilapia fillet
- 3rd layer – garnishes
*Note: You can grill the fish, instead of frying it.