Chef Tee’s Fried Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
Prep time: 10-to-15 minutes; cooking time: about 5 minutes
- Instant pancake mix (use mix that only requires you to add water)
- 16 Oreos®
- ½ gallon vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh berries
- Vanilla ice cream
- Follow directions on box to make 2 cups of pancake batter; let sit in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oil to 350°F on top of stove in heavy-gauge pot for frying (make sure pot is large enough, so oil is at least 3 inches from top of pot).
- Use a candy thermometer or high temperature cooking thermometer to maintain temperature.
- Remove batter from refrigerator.
- Dip cookies, one at a time, in batter; completely cover with batter, then wipe off excess batter.
- Drop batter covered-cookies in hot oil, one at a time (don’t fry more than four at a time).
- Fry on one side for about 15 seconds; flip to cook on other side; remove cookies; place on paper towel to drain.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 until all cookies are fried.
- Plate and dust with powdered sugar.
- Garnish with fresh berries and vanilla ice cream.
*Photo courtesy: KStudios