Chef Tee’s Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Beets & Swiss Chard Salad
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 15-to-20 minutes; cooking time: 45 minutes
- 6 medium beets, cleaned with skin
- 2 ½ Tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- Swiss Chard Salad
- Optional garnish—shaved beets
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub outside of beets with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Wrap beets together in aluminum foil; set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes; cut into ¼-inch slices.
- In large bowl combine potatoes, remaining olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and onion; transfer potato mixture to 8 x 8 x 2-inch casserole dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Put beets and potato mixture in oven; bake for about 45 minutes or until beets and potatoes are tender.
- Let beets and potatoes cool completely.
- Remove beets from aluminum foil; carefully use paper towel to rub off beets’ skin; discard skin.
- Cut beets into ¼-inch slices; assemble beets on top of cooked potatoes.
- Cut beets and potatoes into a 3 x 3-inch square; put square on salad plate.
- Put ½ cup Swiss chard salad on top of square; sprinkle chopped eggs on top of salad.
- Garnish w/shaved beets.
- Repeat steps 10 through 12 with remaining ingredients.