Chef Tee’s Ginger Apples A La Mode
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 large Fuji apples, peeled, cored, diced into ¼-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsps. butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps. crystallized ginger, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla ice cream (or substitute your favorite flavor)
- Add butter to cold large skillet; heat pan to medium high.
- Add sugar; when butter is melted, mixture looks like bubbling caramel, add apples, salt, ginger.
- Cook until sugar crystals dissolve; remove from heat; spoon a few large spoonfuls over a scoop or two of ice cream.