Brian’s Grilled Steak & Mushrooms
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10-to-20 minutes
- 4 Kansas City or New York Strip Steaks—at least 1-inch thick
- Seasoned salt
- Montreal steak seasoning® (can substitute your favorite brand)
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (can substitute blue cheese)
- Sautéed mushrooms (recipe below)
- Preheat grill.
- Set out meat for ½ hour to bring to room temperature.
- Coat w/olive oil.
- Lightly season both sides w/seasoned salt (1/2 tsp. per strip).
- Grill on high heat; 3-to-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove from heat; rest for 5-to-10 minutes on plate.
- Season one side of steak w/Montreal steak seasoning; sprinkle cheese on top.
- Spoon sautéed mushrooms over cheese; serve.
*Photo courtesy: _BuBBy_ @ flickr.com
- 3 Tbsps. butter
- 1 to 2 cups baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 tsps. garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté mushrooms, garlic, onions in skillet until mushrooms are tender, onions are translucent (about 10 minutes).