Brian’s Mashed Garlic Cauliflower & Potatoes
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10-to-15 mins; cooking time: about 20 minutes
- 1 cauliflower head, cleaned, roughly chopped
- 2 ½ lbs. Russet potatoes, cleaned, cut into 1-to-2 inch cubes
- ½ stick butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz heavy cream
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parsley, chopped
- In large pot, add cauliflower, potatoes; add enough water to cover ingredients.
- Boil until cauliflower, potatoes are tender (middle still firm, not mushy); drain; discard water.
- In large bowl, add cauliflower, potatoes, butter, garlic, cream; mix / mash to desired consistency.
- Mix in cheese.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Garnish with parsley.