Brian’s Mussels & Linguine
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 10-to15 minutes
- 15-to-20 mussels
- 1 pkg. (12 to 16 oz.) linguine
- 4 Tbsps. butter
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsps. basil, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 Tbsps. parsley, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- Rinse and debeard mussels; set aside.
- Cook linguine al dente according to package directions; set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic; Salt & Pepper to taste; cook until onions are soft, translucent.
- Add basil, parsley, wine; bring to boil.
- Add mussels; cover; cook 5-to-10 minutes or until shells open (discard mussels that don’t open.)
- Add linguine to skillet; carefully toss ingredients together.
- Serve in large bowl; garnish w/chopped basil and parsley