Chef Tee’s No Bread Crumb Crab Cakes
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 15-to-20 minutes; cooking time: 5-to-7 minutes
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps. green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (or just enough to bind ingredients)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 spring roll skins or egg roll wrappers
- Use paper towel to dry crabmeat carefully; do not break up crabmeat lumps.
- In large bowl, add crabmeat, mayonnaise, parsley, onion, Salt & Pepper.
- Fold crab mixture with a rubber spatula to combine; do not over mix, so lumps stay in tact.
- Line coffee cup with one spring roll skin; fill cup ½ way up with crab mixture.
- Fold corners of spring roll skin over, so they enclose crab mixture.
- Invert coffee cup on palm of your hand; crab cake should release from the cup; then place crab cake (sealed side down) onto non-stick cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to finish crab cakes, then refrigerate them for 30-to-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Take crab cakes out of refrigerator; spray non-stick cooking spray on top of them, then bake for 5-to-7 minutes or until GB&D (golden brown and delicious).
*Photo courtesy: KStudios