Brian’s Oyster Stew
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium potatoes, cleaned, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 16 oz. fresh shucked oysters
- 1b. Andouille pork sausage, removed from casings, crumbled
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnishes — chopped parsley, hot sauce
- In large pot of boiling salted water, add potatoes; cook until potatoes are tender enough to mash; drain; mash potatoes; season w/Salt & Pepper; set aside.
- In large skillet, add sausage, 1 clove diced garlic; cook over medium high heat until sausage is done (about 5-to-10 minutes); set aside.
- In medium pot, add oysters w/liquid, remaining garlic, Salt & Pepper; bring to a boil; add cooked sausage; lower heat to medium, cook until oysters done (about 5 minutes).
- Spoon Oyster Stew over mashed potatoes; garnish w/parsley, hot sauce.