Chef Tee’s Pepper Jack Cheeseburger
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5-to-10 minutes: cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef (80 % meat, 20% fat)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. favorite hot sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Challah bread slices or hamburger buns
- Garnishes — mild pepper jack cheese, jalapeno relish
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In large bowl, use hands to mix all ingredients except buns, garnishes.
- Form 10-to-12 same size meatballs; flatten each into ¼ -inch size patties; season both sides w/Salt & Pepper.
- Put patties on hot grill; cook about 5 minutes on each side for medium well (or to desired doneness).
- Serve on bread w/pepper jack cheese, relish or favorite condiments.
*Note: If you don’t want to grill the burgers, you can cook them on the stove over medium-high heat in a pan coated with oil.