Chef Tee’s Poached Chicken Salad with Apples & Candied Cashews
Prep time — 10 minutes; no cooking time
- 3 lbs. Chef Tee’s Poached Chicken, (recipe below) cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup Chef Tee’s Candied Cashews (recipe below)
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 Tbsps. yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, cored, sliced with skin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- In large bowl, combine ingredients until chicken is well coated.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Chef Tee’s Poached Chicken Salad
Makes 3 lbs. poached chicken and 2 quarts stock
Prep time — 5 minutes; cooking time — 30 minutes
- 3 quarts water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- ½ medium onion, cut into chunks
- 3 lbs. chicken breast w/skin, bone
- 2 Tbsps. kosher salt
- Add ingredients to large pot; bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower heat to simmer; poach chicken for 30 minutes or until chicken’s internal temperature is 165°F.
- Remove chicken from liquid; cool then use in other recipes.
- Strain broth, reserve for other recipes; discard what’s left in pot.
Chef Tee’s Candied Cashews
Makes 1 cup
Prep time — 5 minutes; cooking time — 10 minutes
- 1 cup cashews, whole
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsps. favorite spice rub
- 3 Tbsps. raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread out cashews on sheet pan; toast nuts in oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until warm, slightly browned.
- Remove from oven; transfer nuts to medium bowl; add rest of ingredients; toss to coat nuts.
- Cool at room temperature (about 10 minutes).