Brian’s Shiitake Sesame Marinated Flank Steak
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 30 minutes; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 cups Shiitake Sesame Vinaigrette (available at Whole Foods Market®) (can substitute favorite Asian marinade)
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Sautéed Mushrooms & Shallots
- Garnish — chopped mint
- In large bowl, add steak, vinaigrette, onions; marinate steak for 30 minutes; reserve marinade.
- Season steak w/Salt & Pepper.
- Put steak on hot grill; cook 5-to-10 minutes per side or until desired doneness; rest meat a few minutes.
- In medium saucepan, add reserved marinade; cook uncovered over medium-high heat until liquid thickens, reduces by half to form sauce.
- Cut steak on a bias; garnish w/mint.
- Serve w/sauce, Sautéed Mushrooms & Shallots.
Brian’s Sautéed Mushrooms & Shallots
No prep time; cooking time: 5-to-10 minutes
- 1-to-2 cups shiitake mushrooms (can substitute baby portabella mushrooms)
- 3 Tbsps. butter
- 2 tsps. garlic, minced
- ½ cup shallots, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, shallots, Salt & Pepper; sauté until mushrooms are tender and onions are translucent (about 10 minutes).