Chef Tee’s Thai Poached Halibut
Prep time: 10-to-15 minutes; cooking time: 5-to-10 minutes
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. halibut, w/o skin
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup Thai coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon grass, diced
- 1 tsp. ginger, chopped
- ½ tsp. soy sauce
- Garnishes – chili sesame oil, cilantro
- Basmati rice (follow cooking directions on pkg.)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cut halibut into 2 (4 oz) fillets; season one side w/Salt & Pepper.
- Put fish (seasoned side down) in hot pan; add onions, garlic; cook until fish is brown on seasoned side (about 2 minutes).
- Turn fish over; add broth, milk, lemon grass, ginger, soy sauce; carefully stir liquid w/o breaking fish; cook until fish is done (about 2 minutes).
- Drizzle sesame oil on top of fish.
- Plate fish on top of rice; spoon pan liquid on top.