Chef Tee’s Thai Pumpkin Soup
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 15-to-20 minutes
- 2 cups Thai pumpkin, peeled and cut into ½ -inch cubes
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ -inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 red chili pepper, diced (add more if want spicy)
- Garnish — olive oil
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato, onions, sherry, stock to large pot; bring to boil over high heat.
- Lower to medium-low heat; simmer until ingredients are fork tender (about 15-to-20 minutes).
- Pour ingredients into blender; add cream, rosemary, red chili; puree until smooth.
- Season w/Salt & Pepper.
- Garnish w/little olive oil.