Chef Tee’s Turkey Nachos
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups turkey chili (can substitute your favorite chili)
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup Chef Tee’s cheese sauce (see recipe below) (can substitute favorite store-bought cheese sauce)
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, chopped
- Garnish –- chopped scallions, sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Coat 8 x 8 x 2-inch 2-quart glass dish with oil or cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients
1st layer—spoon ½ chili in bottom of dish
2nd layer—½ cheese sauce
3 rd layer—½ tortilla chips
4th layer—remaining chili
5th layer—remaining cheese sauce
6th layer—remaining tortilla chips
- Bake uncovered for 10-to-15 minutes or until cheese sauce starts to bubble.
- Garnish w/scallions, sour cream.
Chef Tee’s Cheese Sauce
Makes about 2 cups
- 3 Tbsps. butter
- 3 Tbsps. flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In medium saucepan, melt over medium-low heat.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Stir in Salt & Pepper.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth, half-and-half.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce becomes smooth, thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in cheese; continue cooking, stirring until melted.