Chef Tee’s White Pumpkin Soup
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 15-to-20 minutes
- 2 cups white pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into ½ -inch cubes
- 1 cup white sweet potato, peeled, cut into ½ -inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnish — olive oil, chopped parsley
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato, onions, sherry, stock to large pot; bring to boil over high heat.
- Lower to medium-low heat; simmer until ingredients are fork tender (about 15-to-20 minutes).
- Pour ingredients into blender; add cream; puree until smooth.
- Season w/Salt & Pepper.
- Garnish w/little olive oil, parsley.