Chef Tee’s Wild Mushrooms
Makes 1-to- 2 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 2 cups favorite assorted wild mushrooms (I recommend shitake, oyster, baby bella)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean (to remove seeds, use sharp knife to cut bean open lengthwise, then use small spoon or tip of knife blade to scoop out seeds)
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. basil, sliced
- Truffle sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Garnish — truffle oil
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallots, vanilla seeds; stirring constantly until mushrooms begin to caramelize, become crisp (about 10-to-15 minutes).
- Drain off excess oil from mushrooms.
- Add parsley, basil, salt, pepper; top w/little truffle oil.