Chef Tee’s Open-Faced Salmon Burgers
Prep time: 10 -to- 15 minutes; cooking time 5 -to- 10 minutes
- 4 wild salmon burgers w/lemon thyme (or favorite spice blend; available at your local grocery store)
- 2 Tbsps. canola or vegetable oil
- 4 challah bread slices, toasted (can substitute your favorite bread)
- Mayonnaise sauce (1/2 cup mayo mixed w/zest and juice from 1 lemon mixed w/1 tsp. chili powder to taste)
- Baby arugula salad (recipe below)
- In large skillet, heat oil to medium-high; add burgers; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Spread 1-to-2 Tbsps. mayo sauce on 1 slice of bread.
- Put burger on top of slice; put mayo sauce on top of burger; top with salad.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for rest of burgers.
Chef Tee’s Baby Arugula Salad
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. basil, chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup gala apple w/skin, chopped
- In large bowl, combine ingredients until greens are coated.