Brian’s Beer Bacon Dog
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 15-to-20 minutes
- 5 (4-to-5 ounces) bratwurst links
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- ½ cup beer (can substitute chicken broth)
- 1 medium white onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ medium green bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 5 sub rolls (optional—grill inside of rolls with bacon grease)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnish – crispy crumbled up bacon
- In large skillet, add oil, beer, sausage, onions, peppers; bring to a boil over medium-high heat on grill; cover; cook until sausage is cooked through (about 10-to-15 minutes).
- Remove cover; brown sausage on all sides (about 2-to-3 minutes per side); transfer sausage, peppers, onions to separate dish.
- Assemble sub with brats, onions, peppers; top with bacon.