Chef Tee’s Baked Spaghetti Squash
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 40-to-50 minutes
- 3 lbs. spaghetti squash
- Canola oil
- 4 Tbsps. butter
- ½ cup sherry
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Optional garnish — Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Use sharp knife to cut squash in half; scoop out seeds; discard seeds.
- Use hands to coat outer skin of squash halves with oil (1 Tbsp. per half).
- Put squash halves flesh side up on baking sheet.
- Add 2 Tbsps. butter, 1/4 cup sherry inside each squash half.
- Bake 30-to-40 minutes or until flesh is tender, golden brown; cool until easy to handle (about 30 minutes).
- Use fork to fork out squash flesh from cavity (squash will resemble spaghetti); set flesh aside; discard skin cavity.
- In large skillet, heat ¼ cup oil over medium-high heat; stir in tomatoes, garlic; cook a few minutes.
- Add squash; toss ingredients; season w/Salt & Pepper; cook a few more minutes.
- Stir in basil, parsley.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.