Chef Tee’s Baked Salmon with Spinach Stuffing
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 15 mins.; cooking time: 30 mins.
- 1 (5-to-7 lbs.) salmon, with or without head and tail, boned, butterflied (ask seafood / fishmonger butterfly fish for you)
- 2 Tbps. butter, unsalted
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 4 cups bread, cubed (preferably dried)
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup chicken broth (can substitute stock)
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In small sauté pan, add onion, celery, butter; cook over medium-high heat until soft; set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, add sautéed onion /celery, spinach, bread cubes, parsley, egg, broth, Salt & Pepper; mix well, refrigerate.
- On flat surface, season butterflied salmon with Salt & Pepper. Spoon spinach stuffing onto seasoned fish, leaving 1-inch border around edges. Gently roll up salmon; tie with cooking twine to secure.
- Transfer stuffed salmon onto oiled baking sheet. Brush top, sides of salmon with oil; season with Salt & Pepper.
- Bake uncovered about 20-30 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
- Rest fish for 5 minutes; remove, discard twine; serve.