Chef Tee’s Beef Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: about 1 ½ hours
- Beef short ribs, cut into 2-to-3-inch pieces
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegetables leftover in frig
- Favorite soup vegetables (onions, red peppers, celery, etc.), chopped
- Garlic (fresh or powder)
- Favorite fresh herbs
- Season beef with Salt & Pepper.
- In large pot, add beef; brown meat over medium-high heat.
- When beef is sufficiently browned (aka caramelized), cover with water; bring to a boil.
- When water starts boiling, skim off fat from top; cover; lower heat to simmer; cook until meat is almost tender (at least 1 hour).
- Add “GOZE-IN-DA” veggies (aka, whatever vegetables you have leftover in frig, goes in da pot.)
- Add soup veggies.
- Simmer soup until veggies tender (about 20 minutes).
- Season (to taste) with Salt & Pepper, garlic, fresh herbs.
- Serve with warm cornbread.