Serves 6 to 8
- 2 lbs. round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsps. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½- to-1 cup chopped celery
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 beef boullion cubes dissolved in 2 cups water
- 1 to 2 cups mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 2 pints sour cream
- Cornstarch (follow directions on package)
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and celery; sauté briefly.
- Add beef; season w/Salt & Pepper; brown both sides of beef.
- Add bullion water, mushrooms.
- Simmer for about 20-to-30 minutes to reduce liquid by about a forth.
- Stir in sour cream in batches.
- Thicken beef mixture w/cornstarch if necessary.
- Add pinch of nutmeg.
- Serve over white rice.