Brian’s Blue Cheeseburger
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 1o minutes; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef (80 % meat, 20% fat)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsps. favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½-to-1 cup blue cheese, crumbled (can substitute Gorgonzola)
- 4-to-6 Kaiser rolls
- Preheat grill to high.
- In large bowl, use hands to mix all ingredients except buns, cheese.
- Form 10-to-12 same size meatballs; flatten each into ¼ -inch size patties.
- Spoon about 2 Tbsps. cheese in center of one patty; top w/another patty; use fingers to pinch patties together, sealing burger.
- Repeat step 4 until all burgers are formed; put on grill.
- Put patties on hot grill.
- Cook about 5 minutes on each side for medium well (or until desired doneness).
- Serve on roll with favorite condiments.
*Note: If you don’t want to grill the burgers, you can cook them on the stove over medium-high heat in a pan coated with oil.