Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 10 minutes
- 6-to-8 lamb chops
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tsp. rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 tsp. mint leaves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsps. butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tsps. whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsps. heavy cream
- Garnishes—chopped mint and parsley
- Season lamb chops with Salt & Pepper.
- Coat bottom of large skillet with olive oil; heat to medium-high.
- Add chops to pan; cook about 2 to 4 minutes per side; remove chops from pan.
- Keep 1 1/2 tsps. fat from chops in skillet; cook garlic in that fat until golden brown.
- Add wine and rosemary to skillet (when adding wine, remove pan from heat if you are worried about possible flames).
- Let wine simmer uncovered until syrupy (about 4 minutes).
- Add broth; simmer uncovered until mixture reduces by half.
- Remove pan from stove; whisk in butter until incorporated; add mustard and cream.
- Season to taste with Salt & Pepper; spoon mixture over chops; garnish with mint and parsley.
- Serve with rice and favorite veggies.