Chef Tee’s Cheese Tortellini, Swiss Chard & Bacon
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 3 bunches Swiss chard, stems thinly sliced, leaves cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup white onions, chopped
- ½ cup bacon pieces
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3-to-4 cups cheese tortellini (follow cooking directions on pkg.)
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce (available at Whole Foods) — heat before serving; add a few Tbsps. water if too thick
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add bacon; cook a few minutes to produce bacon grease; add onions, squash, Swiss chard stems; cook until bacon is done, stems, onions, squash tender (about 5-to-10 minutes).
- Add Swiss chard leaves; carefully stir ingredients; cook until leaves start to wilt.
- Season w/Salt & Pepper (if needed).
- Carefully stir in tortellini; drizzle olive oil on top; turn off heat.
- Transfer to serving dish; serve w/pumpkin pasta sauce.