Chef Tee’s Chicken Cutlets with Apples
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, diced
- ¼ cup sherry
- ¼ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, cut into ½ -inch slices
- 2 Tbsps. butter (optional)
- 1 Tbsps. parsley, chopped
- Butterfly chicken breast half by inserting knife into thickest part of breast; slice into breast until knife reaches middle; remove knife; now open breast like a book (if breast doesn’t lay flat, cut inside of breast slightly so it does).
- Repeat step 1 for rest of chicken breasts.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Put flour in large shallow bowl.
- Season cutlets w/Salt & Pepper; dredge cutlets in flour; gently lay coated cutlets in heated skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken; set aside.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger to skillet w/pan drippings; sauté a few minutes; return chicken to skillet.
- Pour sherry into skillet w/chicken, onion, garlic, ginger; bring to a boil while scraping, dissolving all brown flavor bits from skillet bottom.
- Add Marsala wine; bring to a boil; cook until liquid in skillet reduces by half (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in chicken broth, apple juice.
- Add apple slices; stir in butter, parsley; simmer over medium-low heat until apples are tender (about 5 minutes).