Chef Tee’s Cornbread Cranberry Stuffing Cakes
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 30-to-40 minutes
- ½ cup smoked turkey breast, diced, skin removed
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3-to-4 cups day-old cornbread, crumbled
- ½ cup chicken broth (may need more)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. sage, chopped
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsps. mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey; cook until light brown color (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in onions; sauté a few minutes; add cornbread; stir until ingredients are combined; cook a few more minutes.
- Pour in broth; stir until ingredients are combined (if too dry, add more stock until moist).
- Remove from heat; fold in cranberries, thyme, sage, cayenne pepper.
- Season w/Salt & Pepper; fold in mayonnaise.
- Use hands to form cakes w/about ¼ cup stuffing mixture.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add stuffing cakes (may need to cook in a few batches, so don’t crowd pan); cook 2 minutes per side (or until golden brown).
*Baking directions note: You can bake the stuffing instead. Just put it in greased, ovenproof dish; bake uncovered until golden brown on top (about 20-to-30 minutes) and serve.