Chef Tee’s Corned Beef Hash with Two Eggs Over Easy
Prep time: 15 mins.; cooking time: 10-to-15 mins.
- 1 lb. russet potatoes, 1/4-inch diced
- 1 lb. cooked corned beef, cut into chunks
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ¼ cup medium red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsps. flour
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Eggs over easy (2 per serving)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Hollandaise sauce (see recipe below)
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until just tender (about 3 minutes).
- Pulse beef in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onions, sauté until slightly browned.
- In large mixing bowl, combine onions, beef, red pepper, cream, flour, parsley and potatoes; season to taste w/Salt & Pepper.
- Portion out hash into four, 6-ounce, dough-like balls (may need to add more or less flour to form balls); flatten them out into patties.
- Cook in large, greased, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook on one side about 5 minutes; flip; cook another 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Garnish w/tomatoes, eggs and Hollandaise Sauce.
Chef Tee’s Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yokes
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Hot water (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine egg yokes, lemon juice; cover, blend on high speed for about 5 seconds.
- While blender is still running, remove cover, slowly pour in hot butter; sauce should thicken. (If too thick, add a little hot water.)
- Season to taste w/Salt & Pepper.
*Photo courtesy: KStudios