Brian’s Eggs Benedict
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 English muffins, cut in half, buttered, toasted
- 4 eggs over easy
- 4 slices of Canadian-style (or your favorite) bacon
- Hollandaise sauce (see recipe below)
- Garnish — chopped green onions
Top each English muffin half w/following and enjoy!…
- 1st layer — bacon
- 2nd layer — 1 egg
- 3rd layer –1-to-2 Tbsps. Hollandaise sauce
- 4th layer — a few chopped green onions
Makes about 1 cup
- 3 egg yokes
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In medium glass or stainless steel bowl, add eggs, lemon juice, hot sauce, hot water; whisk to combine; set aside.
- In medium sauce pot, add 1/4-inch water; bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Place bowl w/egg mixture on top of sauce pot w/water to form double broiler.
- Whisk egg mixture while slowly adding 1-to-2 Tbsps. butter at a time; do this until all butter is added (if mixture gets too thick, add 1-to-2 tsps. hot water.)
- Remove egg mixture from heat; season to taste w/Salt & Pepper.
- Cover; keep warm until ready to serve.