Brian’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10-to-15 minutes ; cooking time: 15-to-20 minutes
- 5 lbs. Russet potatoes
- ½ stick butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz heavy cream
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Rinse dirt off potatoes, cut them into large cubes (quarters or eighths).
- Place in large pot—large enough to hold potatoes with a couple of inches left at the top.
- Boil covered until done (middle still firm, but not mushy).
- Boil until done (about 15-to-20 minutes; when middle still firm but not mushy).
- Drain potatoes; put into mixing bowl.
- Use hand masher to mash potatoes in large chunks.
- Add butter, garlic, cream; continue to mash to desired consistency.
- Mix in cheese; season to taste w/Salt & Pepper.
- Garnish w/parsley.