Chef Tee’s Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 3-to-8 hours; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 6-to-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (can substitute 4-to-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless)
- 5 Tbsps. vegetable or canola oil
- 5-to-6 Tbsps. fresh lime juice (that’s about 4 limes)
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. wet Jerk seasoning
- 4 Tbsps. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional garnish — cilantro, chopped, lime and / or orange slices
- In medium bowl, combine oil, lime juice, onions, jerk seasoning, garlic, thyme, ginger, brown sugar until well blended.
- Reserve ¼ cup of mixture in small bowl; cover and refrigerate; transfer remaining mixture into a large resealable bag; add chicken, seal bag’ chill for 3-to-8 hours.
- Grease, preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag; throw away bag, rest of marinade.
- Grill chicken (about 5-to-6 minutes on each side).
- Brush reserved sauce over chicken; and grill 2-to-3 minutes longer on each side until cooked through (if cooking large chicken breasts, may need to grill longer).
- Seasoning w/Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Garnish w/chopped cilantro; lime and / or orange slices