Chef Tee’s Mama Laura’s Chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 whole chickens w/skins, quartered (may purchase pre-cut, pre- portioned chicken)
- 2 cups small diced onion
- 2 cups small diced celery
- 2 cups small diced green bell pepper
- 3 Tbsps. dry thyme
- ¼ cup seasoned salt
- 1 quart water
- Pre-heat oven to 500° F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine vegetables, chicken, dry thyme, season salt; mix thoroughly to combine.
- Arrange chicken, vegetables in large rectangular, oven-proof casserole dish; make sure chicken pieces are arranged skin-side-up.
- Add water to dish, cover tightly w/heavy-duty aluminum foil, place in pre-heated oven.
- Cook 1 hour; carefully remove foil from casserole dish.
- Return chicken to oven; continue cooking for 30 minutes or until chicken is GB&D (Golden Brown & Delicious).
- Remove chicken from oven, cool for 15-to-30 minutes.
- Serve w/Jasmine or Basmati rice.